Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My Mom's Patio Garden

A love of gardening runs in my family.  I inherited my green thumb from my mom and she inherited hers from her mom.  Last week, my mom sent me these photos of her patio garden in Germany.  She has a beautiful little patio that is private, sunny, and lush with plants.  Across the way is a yard full of chickens and rabbits.  I love soaking up the sounds and listening to the neighbors speak German, trying to figure out what they are saying to one another. I hope you enjoy some of her pictures. :)

I want to see your gardens too, so post them on my facebook, twitter, or email me at liveitupfit@gmail.com. <3

Her tomatoes

Tomatoes


They're getting big!

Love this shot.

Aerial dill shot

Her hops vine up and shade the patio from the sun.

A baby olive tree and the start of her lobelias.

Pretty soon, the wall will be covered in morning glories.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh... I can't believe you put this on! I'm sooo happy you did! I am so glad you are experiencing the job of gardening. Do you ever smell the dirt on the roots of the plant?? It sounds strange, but it is such an awesome smell and it shows 'life'. Thank you for posting these photos Mon!!!!

    ReplyDelete