Friday, July 13, 2012

Vegan Recipe: Spicy Mexi Salad

This has been my go-to salad for the last week and I think you're going to love it.  I made one for my boyfriend the other day, he stopped, looked at his plate, looked back up at me and said, "Babe, you make being healthy so much fun!"  I would have to agree. ;)  If you don't enjoy it, why do it?

Ingredients
Heaping portion of spring mix salad greens
1-2 cups cooked quinoa
1 bell pepper (yellow, orange and red are my faves), chopped
Small handful of all-natural tortilla chips, crumbled
Salsa, as much as you want as a dressing
Shredded cheese, optional

Don't stop here.  Get creative.  How about some black beans, nuts, meat (if you're not vegetarian like I am), carrots, tomatoes, celery, cucumbers...the possibilities are endless.

How To
Add each ingredient to your plate, in the order listed.
Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment